Monday, October 5, 2009

Terrorist are like termites!

I don't understand why you send a man to assess a situation and have him report back to you if you are not going to listen to him and send him what he needs to get the job done or if you are not going to heed his warning. General McChrystal has said he needs more troops on the ground in Afghanistan to get the job done or we will fail in Afghanistan. What is it going to take. Have they forgotten 9-11? Is it going to take another attack on American soil before they do the right thing. As the mother of an American Soldier I do not take any of this lightly. Did I want my son to go to war? NO! Do I support what he does? YES! No mother wants to see their child go to war but in his words, someone has to do it. He has told me repeatedly that he would rather die on his feet than to live on his knees. I think I can say that most all of us feel the same way.

We have the best military men and women in the world. They have had the best training in the world. Why don't they send them the troops, equipment and whatever else they need to get the job done. How many more troops have to die before they do what is right? I often wonder how those in congress sleep at night knowing they are not doing right by our troops. It is very frustrating to me that these people who are making or should I say not making these decision have very little regard for our military's needs!

Yes, war is ugly, It is very very ugly, but so was Sept. 11, 2001. I get so pissed off when I hear people ask why are we even in Afghanistan? Have you forgotten? Those monsters that took all those innocent lives were trained in Afghanistan. Do you not think if given the opportunity they will not do another attack on American soil? They are like termites, you have to stop them before they make it inside your home!

1 comment:

  1. Probably the hardest thing for me is when I feel something is out of my control or the feeling that I am put on hold and I just have to wait for someone else's decision. In the meantime, please go do something that will put a smile on your face today. Somehow we will get through this. Your thoughts will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete