Thursday, October 29, 2009

Support Our Troops


I have heard and read so many opinions about the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. I really don't care if you support the wars or not because you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

However, whether you support the wars or not, YOU SHOULD SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. After all they are the ones who are giving their all everyday to secure our freedoms. Our troops that returned from Viet-Nam are just now getting the recognition that they so justly deserve. I have heard so many Viet-Nam veterans say that their mission is that the troops today never have to feel the way they did when they returned to American soil. No soldier should ever have to feel like the American people don't care about them.

Politics or your party of choice should not be the deciding factor as to if you will or won't support our troops. Supporting our troops has nothing to do with politics. Supporting our troops is about showing appreciation to these men and women who sacrifice everyday so we remain a free country.

Some of you may ask if I would feel the same way if I didn't have a son in the military. To those, my answer is YES, I would. I love my country and I am proud to be an American and I am grateful that I live in the best country in the world. If it were not for the men and women of the Armed Forces, past and present, America would not be the greatest country in the world.

In that being said I am also so very thankful for our police, firefighters, EMS and Truckers. These are the ones who keep our neighborhoods safe, save our homes, save our lifes and keep America moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment