Wednesday, August 17, 2011

College vs War

Ok I am going to go out on a limb here but I have to have my say. I have been seeing so many people writing how depressed they are because they are having to send their child off to college. Here are my thoughts on that:

Yes I am sure it is hard to send you child off to college but saying that it is the same as sending your child off to war is way off base and these people do not have a clue.

You send your child to college but the professor does not come to class with IED's or weapons. Professors are not out to kill your child. Your child can come home any time they want to. Your child can call home or txt you anytime they want to. You child does not have to sleep in the mud or go days or weeks without a shower. Your child is able to eat 3 square meals a day. Your child's hardest assignment is writing a paper to get a grade. Your child is not being mortared while in the classroom. Your child is not watching their friends getting blown up on the battle field. Again I repeat no one is trying to kill your child. That is just a few things that I can come up with off the top of my head. So please don't say that sending your child off to college is like sending them to war. There is no way to compare the two.

I may be way off base because I have never sent my child to college but I have sent my child off to a war zone and it is a living hell.

OUR KIDS GO TO WAR SO YOURS CAN GO TO COLLEGE!!!

That is my opinion and I am entitled to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment