Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Obama wants to pay the Taliban?!?!?!?

While watching the evening news I heard that the President will sign bill which will pay the Taliban to switch sides. I had to hit the rewind button to make sure that I heard right. Now before I begin please remember this is "Just My Opinion" on this topic.

Please bare with me while I go back to Iraq to make my point. Several recent attacks in Iraq have been traced back to the some Iraq Police, some Iraqi Soldiers and possible higher. The terrorist infiltrated and gained knowledge of troop movements and tactics. So if this happened in Iraq who's to say the same thing will not happen in Afghanistan when you pay the Taliban to switch sides.

Now the President of the United States wants to pay the Taliban (terrorist) to switch sides. What makes him think that they can be trusted. These terrorist are killing our troops without remorse. These terrorist have our captured warrior. Our troops are giving their all everyday not excluding some giving their lives in the name of freedom. I don't think we should reward the Taliban for killing our troops by paying them.

Now I haven't personally talked with General McChrystal but I don't think he intended to pay the Taliban. I heard the General on 60 minutes when he stated that he wanted to reach the people of Afghanistan, but I didn't hear him say he wanted to pay the Taliban to switch sides.

In my opinion these terrorist cannot and should not be trusted. They will take the money to fund their terrorist groups, learn inside knowledge of troop movement and tatics. Paying the Taliban is putting our troops lives in more danger. Why not take that same money and send more troops, equipment and whatever else they need to get the job done.

While Obama is taking his time making the decision, troops and civilians are dying. Waiting to make the decision until the election in Afghanistan or before leaving for his trip to Asia is just allowing the Taliban to grow stronger.

General McChrystal has said what he needs to get the job done. He has said if he gets what he needs we can win in Afghanistan. If Obama respected General McChrystal's knowledge enough to send him to access the situation in Afghanistan, then he should respect his knowledge enough to grant his request.

Do Not Play Politics With Our Troops Lives. Candidate Obama said he would take the fight to the Taliban, but President Obama is taking his time making a decision that is costing our troops with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment